Friday, October 31, 2008

American Values and Assumption

- Privacy -

Americans consider privacy important for life. They think that all people need some time to themselves and need some time alone. When other people like to be with another person, Americans will regard such people as weak. Americans seem open and inviting, but they always have boundaries in their minds. Sometimes their yearning for privacy also results in their aloof manner.

From my perspective, it is true that everyone needs some time alone. Likewise, I do not want to have a telephone call when I am hurry to finish homework at the last minute. In this kind of situation, privacy will become the first priority. However, I also like being with friends or family and definitely, I do not want anyone to look down on me that I am not strong enough. Than being alone, I only think that it must be better if I have a conversation with some people who care me. Being a social animal, I consider it mutual relationship.

4 comments:

Hello Pitta said...

yes. sometime (mostly) i want to be alone. i don't even greeting people who i know, when i walk by. thus, people think i'm self-center. i don't deny. i've realized i actually built the big wall autometically when i was in some situation. not that good. i try to improve myself.

Pitta:)

MaestroAngelo said...

Such a brief summary~ I believe that u get the most important gist.

chrisshun said...

hey lek..
I am agree with you.
I think privacy is very important for everyone's life. American people has great different attitude from chinese people on this point of view.
Since I have been here for more than one month,I remember once of time, there is one people in the class who need to go to healthy center in the middle of the class, she reported to teacher, then she went to the healthy center, and teacher didn't ask why or what's your sickness in the class when she reported. I think that's very respectable behavior. Teacher Nick respected the student's privacy very well. In America, if you don't wanna tell you story people never push. I like this attitude and I respect it.

NoNtnOnT said...

I agree with you. Everyone wants to have privacy and freedom to do whatever he/she wants. But remember that if your privacy disturbs to others, it's not privacy, it's interuption.